Saturday, April 27, 2013

It's Bittersweet Saying Goodbye

I couldn’t be more grateful for my experience as a telecommunications student at the University of Florida. Being apart of one of the best colleges of journalism and communications in the country is an honor and I’ve gained invaluable skills during my four years. With graduation in a week, I’m a mix of emotions – happy, sad, excited, anxious, and the list goes on. It’s bittersweet knowing what I’m leaving behind, but because of the education and experience I’ve had as a journalism student at UF, I feel confident in my skills as I head out into the real world. The Center for Media Innovation and Research is just one example of how wonderful UF is and how dedicated they are to facilitating their students in the best way possible. UF is clearly a leader when it comes to teaching this generation of students about journalism and communications.
We receive so much real world experience, especially with the new Integrated News Facility. You actually feel like you’re in a real newsroom and I mean, essentially you are. It’s a fast paced environment with the integration of TV, radio and web all in one, using each other as resources to stay up to date on the most breaking stories. Nothing could beat the time I spent in the INF, nor the feeling I get knowing that I had the best college learning experience. Anchoring the live newscast at five o’clock for WUFT-TV was one of the highlights of my time as a telecom student at UF and I will cherish that for a very long time.
The amazing education and opportunities I’ve had at UF are not lost on me and I can’t wait to come back and visit in a couple years and see how much more advanced they are and how much greater the learning experience has become. It doesn’t seem possible considering how fantastic it already is, but if there’s one thing I know about the University of Florida, it’s that anything is possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment