Saturday, March 23, 2013

A Little Bit About Me

I'm a 4th year telecommunications-news student at the University Florida. I will be graduating in May with a Bachelor of Science in telecommunications and an outside concentration in sports management. I am currently a news anchor for the evening news show, First at Five, for the North Central Florida PBS affiliate. I have a passion for media and entertainment and ideally would like to pursue a job in entertainment news. A full list of my professional experience and skills can be seen on my resume, which is also posted on my blog. I was born and raised in South Florida and would love to end up living back there at some point in my life. I have a very tight knit family. I'm extremely close with my parents and younger brother and of course, our loving Shih Tzu, Muffin. I love spending time with my friends and family, going to the beach, dancing and working out, which you can see from the topic of my blog, Commit to be Fit. I like to live each day to the fullest, with no regrets and believing that everything happens for a reason.

3 comments:

  1. Samantha,
    I can tell you are very passionate about your major and are extremely goal oriented. I always enjoy watching you on First at Five because of your presence on the camera and natural flow of reading the news. You have a very bright future ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sam!!
    I loved reading your blog! You have the most well- rounded blog that I read out of the whole class...You've done a beautiful job! Keep up the good work and I hope to see you on campus soon! If not, have a great summer!
    -Lauren Lettelier

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Sam!
    I loved looking at your blog and reading your bio. Even though we joined the same sorority as freshmen I never knew so much about your passions for both fitness and the telecommunications industry. I love how easy your tips are to read and understand! It makes it much easier to just apply them right off the bat and therefore much more practical. I hope all is still well!

    ReplyDelete